. Poetry from The Great In-Between: The Soul Broker

Thursday, August 10, 2023

The Soul Broker

 (A seductive voice whispers.)



Hey

You  

Beyond the holy lights 


Want me 

To make 

You a star


Hey

You  

Beyond the holy lights 

Sat in your fortress 


Reading this in sunlight or darkness


Safely

Seated 


Hey

You  

Beyond the holy light


Want me to make 

You a star


Hey

You  

Beyond the holy lights 


With time as your

Loving whore


With hungry eyes 

Quickly bored


Want me

To make 

You a star


Call to me quick 

Call to me


So you 

I can pick

And fix


Pray for me 

To appear 

To rise by your side


And

Mama I'll make 

You a star


All you have to do

Is sign in blood


A tiny prick

On your fingertip


And 

Mama


And Mama



I'll make you 

A star


(C)

Copyright John Duffy


Images shared under fair usage policy via Pinterest. 


There are many in the music and film industry.  Hollyweird is heaving with their ilk. 

No comments:

Remember Me