. Poetry from The Great In-Between: Memories of The Beautiful lady Girl with the Golden Honda

Thursday, May 23, 2024

Memories of The Beautiful lady Girl with the Golden Honda


 Memories of The Beautiful Girl with the Golden Honda

You were my only silent dancer 

My guiding shining light 
Whenever I felt 
Deep emotional pain

As I fought those early signs of cancer 
On ward ten

And although departed
By four years 

That deep love
Still remains 
And calls again 

Memories and emotions 
Of an incredible fire
That never expires

Entwined like green ivy 
In flight

In the middle of each now depressing night 

Of writing prose
For exquisite pleasure

On soft skin
That cannot be retold

Only for each other
To treasure 

In December archives 
As they grow old

For sometimes
The Lord gives you a gift 

In the form of a blessing
To forever 

Lift 

A friend
To the end

For only us 
To truly see

Whatever may 
Come 

And it's why I wrote this today

For to me
You'll always be

The only one
Who beat 
My souls drum

Loudly 

Whenever 
I felt numb 

© John Duffy 

Image shared under fair usage policy.
 




No comments:

Remember Me