. Poetry from The Great In-Between: A lone ghost whispers

Saturday, June 15, 2024

A lone ghost whispers

 A lone ghost whispers


Surrounded by these

lit white candles 


As I sit here 

In this great stillness 


Filled with such proud grace 


Allowing soft tears to glide like the Egyptian Nile

Crocodiles


And

embracing the sentimental  comforting sanctification 


Of the salty water

Washing gently over my face 


I bind my mind to meeting you 


On that unforgettable afternoon 

Last June


You wore Gucci 

In black and gold and matching leather expensive bag 


The new moon whispered of such new beginnings 


But now 

When I see myself in this ethereal two-way smoke mirror 


I always see the tragic shadows of that old life and how it suddenly ended


Driving 

And smiling going home 

Then that deer jumped out 


As I stopped breathing and my heart surrendered


My Funeral 

The wake 

Then the silence 


As my name slowly receded from your worlds auditory radios 


We in here 

Listen to 


For our name being spoken 


To remind ourselves we are still remembered 


And I thank you for calling to me

For total silence means we are forgotten 


As so many sadly are 

When people get busy and all you are 


Is a familiar name at Christmas or on your birthday


So now I wish to stimulate that silence 

Reinvigorate it 


Into such a vibrational state

That our old devotion


Loveliness and harmony 

Reaches you on Monday 

Our first anniversary


Allowing myself to find the space and grace 


To slow time down and reconnect 


While sending my manifestations out to take effect


I wish to spread our old love 

Like the beautiful scent


of Jo Malone's natural Bees

Coconut and Soy wax


Unto others 

Through this two-way scrying mirror 


To those from my old life

Who still calls to me 


Sometimes 

In the great silence


On our interdimensional radio


In the hope that they too will feel our once-treasured love magic 


Before it all ended 

So tragic


And through them 

She knows I still miss her


So praising the four elementals 


Earth 

Air 

Fire and Water 


For their incantations to cross the constellations 

And create Way Stations 


In the hearts of others 


Sealed with these soul-lifting revelations


I now blow out these twelve white candles 

Lit before me


Dry my eternal eyes

Stare out into the sacred space between us


Releasing the intentions of my now still grey heart into the wild 


Thinking of you 


A red rose in the concrete 

Who always appears before me 


In black and gold 


Standing before my mirror as a living child in exile 


Slowly 

Alone 

Growing old


And with these words 


Ego semper amorem meum exspectes.


Ita fiat fiat 


(I'll always be waiting my love.


So mote it be)


I go


(C)

Copyright John Duffy 


.

No comments:

Peace