. Poetry from The Great In-Between: Will you join my Children of Poetry

Sunday, October 13, 2024

Will you join my Children of Poetry


 Will you join my Children of Poetry?


(A lone seductive soft female voice whispers)


Will you follow me blindly 

Into the very darkness dear one


Of the labyrinths of The Eternal Mind


Where all precious things merge in rhymes 


For there is no time


To sneak past the Old Fallen Watchers from a dark Past


Into my gardens of the unseen

Or unspoken 


Mankind 

And all things that seem in your world that will never last


For in time

They'll all shatter to be broken 


My lonesome child

My divine one


Will you call to me

And whisper

If you're lonely 


Seeking fun to reveal yourself in poetry


For you've always 

Known me

Deep inside


If you're one of the anointed few


If you once called for my gift

To express yourself and maybe others to lift


For I live deep inside and follow like a rare nightingale in flight


And all I ask of you is write

To let out your light


To be courageous 

In front 

For all to see


So 

Come and accept me


And on that very day 

In every way 


Early morning or night


I'll appear and be the first and last thing you'll see


In whispers of words


As you walk

Neck deep 

Into sleeps many domains 


Then into my ancient

radiant still deep waters


While Mother Moon smiles as you are consumed


And as those translucent soul rousing waters covers your head


You will join my Children of Poetry


In one of my many side stanzas filled rooms 


To dance round my pagan pyres 


As my rhythmic music and a symphony of voices


Singing in poetry

Surround and regale you

With a never-ending fire


With wild stories of

Sadness or glory


For time will die and expire like a hunters' doe on my arrows


In my endless lyrical forest 

As your soul 

So hungry 


I try will nourish 


So will you summon me and whisper


Come to me

Calliope

Open my eyes


Share your precious light

Tonight


And then enter my eternal Midsummer's Night's Garden of Surreal Dreams


Where everything dances to a new tune


Dressed in red 

Gold and blue


To my poetic tunes


In my mythical realms

Of The Great In-Between


What says you 

Reader


Will you acquiesce 

And say 

Yes?


(C)

Copyright John Duffy


Image shared under fair usage policy 

No comments:

The Oracle of Necromanteion