. Poetry from The Great In-Between: Freedom Road

Saturday, July 25, 2026

Freedom Road

 


(A lone voice whispers) 


As my cards turn

As this old world burns


I know not where I'll go


Down Freedom Road


As this lone white candle

Blows into the night


I know not where

But I'll follow the light


All those sweet things

We once shared


Drift like leaves

Upon the air


Down Freedom Road

 I carry my soul


When the wind keeps calling, I keep walking on


I'm not afraid, no, not anymore


The Lord is waiting at the journey's door


Down Freedom Road


Where every broken heart comes home


I'm not afraid

Of the pain


Not afraid

To walk barefoot in the rain


'Cause I run to the Lord,

Now my work is done


Run to rest beneath

The Eternal Sun


And I'll wait to see

The Almighty,

And the Holy Son


When my race is run


Down Freedom Road

 I carry my soul


When the wind keeps calling, I keep walking on


I'm not afraid, no, not anymore


The Lord is waiting at the journey's door


Down Freedom Road


Where every broken heart comes home


As these cards keep turning

And this old world burns


Every mile I travel

Is another lesson learned


The candle may flicker

The night may be long


But faith keeps singing

Its quiet song


Down Freedom Road

 I carry my soul


When the wind keeps calling, I keep walking on


I'm not afraid of any pain


I'll walk barefoot through the pouring rain.


Down Freedom Road

To the shade of the Eternal Sun


As this lone candle blows

While I still run


Down Freedom Road

Until I see

The Almighty


And the Holy Son


(C) 

Copyright John Duffy

No comments:

Freedom Road