(A lone voice whispers)
Blessed be.
Velumbound.
Want to visit a surreal, ritualistic mental space after a life of emotional pain?
Let us begin.
I've lived more days in grief than can be remembered.
Walked the dark roads of a wounded heart each night.
As a lonely world numbed me.
Lost all beautiful things I once treasured.
Now cursed to see.
By second sight.
I've prayed daily guided by the violent flame.
Praying some God would hear my name.
Looked down Fate's black barrel of the gun.
Watched Father Time get up, laugh, and run.
I've heard banshees cry over emotional battlefields.
Without pleading.
Heard the roar of Leviathan without yielding.
And still in darkness and semi-light,
I live.
With all these poetic gifts.
I give.
For these transmissions are like a portico to a secret place.
Surrounded by ghosts of the future and past.
Where you, the curious.
Can find some sort of peace at last.
For here in these wet words in your cerebral cortex.
You've entered my purple vortex.
A fountain to drink from.
To get drunk with all things once named.
Only to return again.
To walk its alabaster halls.
After you've been marked to receive its calls.
After the sun has died.
For I know you've cried.
So stay awhile.
Stumble and wonder through its fields of lore.
Embrace this curse to walk on new sacred grounds.
Revel in the pagan sounds.
And then dance wildly in my underground streams.
For now, by hearing this.
Blessed be.
I now have baptised you.
From somewhere hidden.
In The Great In-Between.
(C)
Copyright John Duffy

No comments:
Post a Comment