. Poetry from The Great In-Between: Cancer. The unspoken truth.

Saturday, September 26, 2026

Cancer. The unspoken truth.


The unspoken truth in the title hints at the silent suffering surrounding cancer: 

Its emotional toll, the quiet battles fought behind closed doors, and how survivors are sometimes left to navigate grief.

If you're going through this, sending blessings; and if you've been through it, sending prayers.

Cancer. The unspoken truth.

(A lone voice whispers)

Looking at our wedding photo, 
Crying every night 

Where did you go 

Leaving me crying alone at midnight 

With my head held low, in the dark, no longer in the light 

But deep down I'll always know you had to go; the pain was just too much 

So it's why now every night, your photo I clutch 

Crying 
Where did you go 

Leaving me 
No longer in the light 

But walking in pain's red snow 

Knowing 
I'll never be alright 

(C)
Copyright John Duffy

No comments:

Transcendence