. Poetry from The Great In-Between: Channelling HP Lovecraft Part 3

Friday, September 18, 2026

Channelling HP Lovecraft Part 3

 



Madam Astor…

The Dream Enchanter…

From The Great In-Between…


(A lone voice whispers) 



In a dark dream, every night

In The Great In-Between when I sleep


It’s always the same…

I hear you scream


“I’m here…”


In your soft pulsating voice

Hidden unseen


As if you had no choice


Then out of the void

Through the blackened heat


You appear half-ghost

On my midnight street



My heart beats faster


You take my hand

Lead me deeper still

To the Hereafter land


Call me Madam Astor

The Dream Enchanter


Pull me deeper into you

My soul’s captor



In the dark, you whisper low

Where the lost ones go


In The Great In-Between

You’ll never let me go


Call me Madam Astor

Don’t let me wake


If this is death

It’s a risk I’ll take


Hidden in shadows, you bend down slow



“Call me Madam Astor… this realm’s Pastor…”



Your fingertips trace

A haunting tune on my skin


As my spirit shakes

And my pulse caves in


Astral sweat drips

My vision spins


My soul cries out

Tempted by sin


You dig your nails in deeper still


A ghostly touch I cannot kill


“Sooon…”

You breathe into my ear


“In two nights’ fall…

I will appear…


Call me Madam Astor

The Dream Enchanter


Pull me deeper into you

My soul’s captor


When the midnight king falls down

And the morning wears its crown


You’ll return to claim


What death has found


Call me Madam Astor

I hear your call


If I’m yours forever

I will fall



At the Blue Portal… I stand alone


Your voice like bells inside my bones


Gone… but not for long

I feel your spell where I belong


Time moves fast

When you’ve been marked


By something ancient…

Something dark…



Call me Madam Astor

My Dream Enchanter


Take my hand beyond

This mortal anchor


In The Great In-Between

We reunite


Lovers reborn

In endless night


Call me Madam Astor


Your ghostly wife

The one you loved


Before death took your life


Tonight… I know…

You’ll return…


Madam Astor…

I’m ready…


I'm ready to burn...


For I know

I'll never learn


(C) 

Copyright John Duffy

No comments:

Channelling HP Lovecraft Part 3