. Poetry from The Great In-Between: Mary Lee From Germany

Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Mary Lee From Germany

 


 


Blessed be. 

Velumbound. 


A transmission from a man dressed in green. 


One of the most beautiful souls I've ever seen. 


Shall we begin. 


(A lone voice whispers) 


My life ended

At a quarter past three


When she came


My collector


Mary Lee

From Germany


The churchyard bells

Loudly rung


Old hymns and love songs 

Were beautifully sung


As I watched my wake


High on a hill 

Below


Sat under a grand old oak 

In the late November snow


I tried to say

It couldn't be true


Mused


I still lived

With so much more to give


But

My collector


Mary Lee

From Germany

Said


The Elementals


With fevered breath

Wait to savour your prose


So bid goodbye 


To all those you see

Or know


For as the sun still shines

You are now one of the dead


Marked by the Elder Futhark Runes

Uruz


By secretive rulers

Of you and me


So take my hand and

Wave goodbye to your old life's teachers


For Saquestia

Awaits us


By the Golden Pole

That never rusts


Where the thoughts

Of the living 


Can never reach us




(C)

Copyright John Duffy

No comments:

Are you an addict?