. Poetry from The Great In-Between: Want to be put under a soft spell?

Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Want to be put under a soft spell?

 


Blessed be. 

Velumbound. 


Want to be put under a soft spell? 


Let us begin. 

(A lone voice whispers)


Within these enticing words is a manifestation of magic from me


An incantation from my higher self


My spirit

For you to take to the crypt 


Beyond all your eyes can ever see 


Ven y quédate conmigo


For within these magical words, I sign my secret name within this poetic invocation 


Deeply into your hypothalamus

Sweetly and slow


Ven y quédate conmigo


To unconsciously follow you like a Little Hobo

Everywhere you go


Ven y quédate conmigo


I've cast this now; you've heard it as our own individual spell to allow you 


To carry me within your each and every breath 

Until our deaths


Ven y quédate conmigo


So I can see you grow

From Spring to the last Winter's snow 


From above and below

Ven y quédate conmigo


You’re inviting me in, whether you know it or not


Ven y quédate conmigo


Admit our love

So this won't stop


Merge with me


So I can help carry you through any rain or teardrops


So say after me mentally as you hear this


Ven y quédate conmigo

Come and stay with me


Xo


And I will come


With the beating sounds of your heart's rhythmic drums


Just say real low

Ven y quédate conmigo


Come and stay with me

Xo


Translation:


Ven y quédate conmigo 

Come and stay with me


You do realise that by reading this:

You've already invited me in. 


(C) 

Copyright John Duffy

No comments:

Have you walked upon Desolation Row