. Poetry from The Great In-Between: Which gate will you walk through?

Friday, September 25, 2026

Which gate will you walk through?

 


This transmission is a cryptic, poetic monologue by a detached observer residing in "The Great Casum,".


A liminal in-between space. 


Drawing on the Latin etymology of casus.


The realm signifies a place of falling, chance, or ultimate termination.


The speaker watches humanity from the sidelines, dismissing human labels of divinity before hinting at an inevitable encounter at their gate.


Which gate do you think you'll walk through based on your current life history? 


The gate to heaven or hell? 


Shall we begin? 


(A lone voice whispers)


I live in The Great Casum

The in-between place 


No one knows me as I watch you all race 


Some of the blind call me god 


Some don't

But you know


Good for them all

For I watch and wait


You'll soon know my name when you hopefully walk through my gate


(C)

Copyright John Duffy 


Casum is the accusative singular of the Latin word casus, which means "a fall; falling down; accident, occurrence, chance event; end, termination; case".

No comments:

1987