. Poetry from The Great In-Between: Oidhche Shamhna

Friday, October 9, 2026

Oidhche Shamhna

 


 Blessed be. 

Velumbound. 


An emotional feast for the mind. 


I give you - Oidhche Shamhna (Halloween) 


Have you felt the poetic beauty and pain linked to love before?


A transmission exploring love as both ecstasy and vulnerability. 


After the death of another. 


The thinning of the veil on Oidhche Shamhna always brings new opportunities to reconnect. 


The opening image of a bed of red roses entwined with thorns captures the dual nature of passion. 


Beauty intertwined with pain.


As the lovers cling to each other “while the world drowned and turned to dust.”


(A lone voice whispers) 


Rosslyn, my love


On the thirty-first

Of October 


In the deep swirling purple well


Where all things are stripped spiritually naked, and made to swim truly 


Vulnerable and bare


Dare you wait for me in its kaleidoscope of dark fuchsia dreams? 


To finally meet you

There


To thrash around outrageously like wanton wild thieves


Deep in that well 


Sensuously drunk on love's so intoxicating dark mead


To drink in deep that mysterious Well's, soul-soothing waters


To finally revel and tumble forever, in its velvety, intoxicating, soul-rousing touch


As we embrace each other, rapturously 


And hold hands, that we pray, stay together locked 


Forever

Clutched 


I go now


Guided by the Master of all ceremonies, Morpheus


Strolling in front with his

orange Halloween pumpkin 


To just wait by its purple-dyed waters


Waiting for you before I jump in


As time floats by


Watched by his otherworldly minions, left-hand Necromancers


So as I wait for your letter and answer,


Just know, we will meet again


For even though yesterday was filled with sorrow 


We still can pray for a better tomorrow 


Starting on the thirty-first of October 


On Oidhche Shamhna 


When you finally realise 

I'll always be 


Thine


(C)

Copyright John Duffy 



No comments:

The Postman