. Poetry from The Great In-Between: The Harvest Yoke

Monday, October 5, 2026

The Harvest Yoke

 


A haunting, atmospheric transmission of eternal longing, grief, and the purgatorial nature of memory


Blessed be. 

Velumbound. 


(A lone voice whispers) 



Waiting in this dark, swirling abyss


I miss the soft touch of your hand, your voice and that unforgettable first kiss


Inside, although it hides

Is my old heart that once cried


Now silent and still

As I prowl through old streets


As I once did


Dawn no longer interrupts me

So all night all I search for you in here


For I know we are cursed to forget names and faces when we enter


But only remember 

The past, for that is what always lasts


But as I hunger for the thing I love the most

You, my familiar old ghost 


I can only pray through this swirling grey smoke that chokes


As I trail around like a bull wearing a harvest yoke


You'll find me


(C)

Copyright John Duffy 

No comments:

The Harvest Yoke