. Poetry from The Great In-Between: The Ministry of Ezekiel

Thursday, June 22, 2023

The Ministry of Ezekiel

Press play before reading. Salute


(A lone voice whispers)


This is to you my lifes white feather


Now my lifes sunsets are spent and sunk forever 


For at the end of all my once long rigorous days


I now stand lost and lonely 

In these dark woods


Like Puck in a Missouri daydream that's all mine


One where my heart would beat on perpetual fire if it could


One with my ears filled with whispering spellbinding words


That no longer take me higher


And when the ever-watchful Moon retires


I always watch from here


Behind the silver shimmering barrier 


Of The Great In-Between 


And think as the new Sun of the Living 


Rises


Are we all simply silent prayers blowing


Like soft tender snowflakes


In an endless night


Each carrying quiet songs filled with woe


Love and all human emotions that make us glow 


Skywards


Just to be lost in whirlwinds of Heavens glittering golden dust


Symphonies of hearts ablaze


And screaming for someone to just love and trust


And even though now my time living has expired


I still feel rapturous but always blue


As my now silent heart tries to sing love songs


For just you


I know as long as I still exist in here


As tall as the high nights and as long as the wide days 


I hope my God-given prayers


Will be answered with my souls cries to be rescued


For when the final sunset has gone and died


And this dark night I wander in


Stalks all the lands

Even your lands


When the low Angelic Drums 


Announcing The Book of Revelations rumble


And the old black and white pianos start to sing


Declaring openly the arrival of Seven Angels foretold


When the eerie white noise 


Between the Living and the Dead is no longer cold


And falls like a crimson stage curtain 


Once again I pray I'm certain 


Hopefully 

I’ll stand like a Tolkien King 


Proudly on the Tired Bridge of Broken Dreams 


With you as my newly returned queen


Living in a new scene

Beyond the barriers of The Great In-Between


Where my broken heart no longer screams 


As we watch the Purging on Judgement Day


Of all the Immoral 


Tainted and marked with the many forms of its seductive disease 


Standing strong and happy like Megara and Hercules 


Copyright John Duffy

No comments:

Remember Me