. Poetry from The Great In-Between: Eternal Dreams of Jeremiah

Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Eternal Dreams of Jeremiah


Press play and let the music wash over you as you read.
Salute.


Can a divine spark
survive through furtive exchanges between two lost, but reunited old souls, separated by society or other otherworldly barriers?

Some ask me
In here

So let's see

For
She always stands quietly 
In the falling rain


In the lower levels of
The Great In-Between


Like a lost white feather
Swaying in its four winds


Consummation of longing


Between our enchanted
Eyes speak
A familiar secret language


But now spent living
I always


Find a way
To connect 


For you see
I always see her in my
Mysterious


Music filled
White Room


Just by Imaginations
Purple and green seas


In my deepest of dreams


That mysterious lady just
Across the blue portal


Just spiritually living
Next door


Now that I'm immortal


Who knows not what
It truly means


As she stands
Patiently waiting


On unvisited
Sandy sea shores


All those silent sultry exchanges
In vibrant lucid poetic dreams


Between two enamored beings


Where
Her dark eyes

Always holds me so still
But I never fight
Or resist


For
I just love the energy
The seductive electricity


The visceral scent and
All consuming exhilarating
Thrill


As
She always slowly
Undresses me

In that White Room
With light invisible touches


Her deep hypnotic eyes
Devours


My form completely
Never discreetly


And there her higher self still
Stands over the bluest of
Oceans 

Waiting to enter Dreams Astral Portal


Alone in the falling
Summers
Warm rain

In the lower levels
Of The Great In-Between


Staring into the distance


Does she want me
To fly over and sweep
Her off her sand clad feet


And then
Escape to newer streets
Into a new realm
So far away


To
Lay entwined in bed all-day


Sipping expensive champagne
Exchanging deep conversations


United
Once more
Within a new nation


Under the full moon
As our hearts beat


And constantly sing


But as always 
He
Comes and
Breaks the spell


With his deep booming
Summoning yell


And as she blinks
And still stares at me


Through rain-swept eyes
Before she goes


I secretly know too
What she knows


That
Morpheus
The Greek


Who is the Gangmaster
Of all who sleep


Is summoning us
Home


I smile as I begin to slowly
Vanish


As my frequency loses hold
But we both know

This is simply a
Part of a new form of living


Until her time to truly step over


Having deep dreams

For we are but
Beyond the norm


For
We'll reappear
Tomorrow


Even though now
We're been quickly
Banished


In a new form


For every night
We sleep


Our unspoken love
And unbreakable
Friendship


Is but constantly
Reborn

Even though
Meeting in flesh


Is a sacred thing
We secretly mourn

(C)
Copyright John Duffy 

No comments:

Peace