. Poetry from The Great In-Between: The Owned Man

Sunday, May 12, 2024

The Owned Man

 



A poem for all those men whose beguiling beauties, rule their tightly controlled lives.


A recent film inspired the piece but maybe it's more closer to the divine truth of their existence. 

The film was The Graduate.


Such a classic.


Perhaps I should have titled it, Mrs. Robinson 🎩

Salute.


Title:


The Owned Man


(A lone voice whispers)


As she 

My sweet-sounding 


Goddess 

Who daily and especially at night


Who wantonly 

Without shame of fear 

Of retribution


Consumes my every 

Breathing vista's


With a sweet sounding 

Sensuously rapturous 

Soft 

Liquid like melody


Always proclaiming. 


It's you I just need

In light whispers 


Whilst

Forever caressing me


As her delicately toned red 

Fingers


Conduct a deliciously tender but firm 

Melodious 


Symphony 


With my quivering 

Sweat soaked skin


As her beloved treasured 

Lyrics sheet


Her dulcet tones 

Sometimes dominant 

But


Yet hypnotically 

Honeyed smooth and 

Lyrically euphonious


Always hold me in 

A subtle but forceful trance 


Of her own cunning doing


At the same time.

Some think I'm 

Blessed to lay and 


Walk beside such a 

Striking beauty


Gian Lorenzo Bernini 

Would have been proud 

To sculpt


But I'm 

Simply forever 

Dammed


For

Her low easily seductive 

Mellifluous voice


Always sends me

Tumbling


Forever fumbling 

Down a deep tunnel


Created and made 

For Loves deluded 

Lost souls to 

Wallow in


Until 

Oblivion 


And we hold our arms wide open and admit in front of the Almighty


We just loved living in

Sin.


Copyright John Duffy 


Image shared under fair usage policy.

No comments:

The Calling