. Poetry from The Great In-Between: Memories of Lucy Mountbatten

Thursday, July 18, 2024

Memories of Lucy Mountbatten


(A lone voice whispers)

From Heavens thunderbolt
Igniting my eyes alight

Like the burning nebulous envelope 

Around the nucleus of Halley's Comet 

That night
In 85

When I finally came alive
And opened my eyes
Thinking

What strange powers unseen 
Did the Olde Gods use to create her 

To walk
Unashamed 
In the midst of mortal man

With a sweet volcano 
Of such raging seductive fire

That never tires

Elevated to new heights of sensuality by a delicate touch of divinity 

Which exists within all her fingertips

With such power 

With a softness to beguile
If you allow her 

To touch you 
With such supernatural style 

I still remember her alluring eyes of honeydew 
So deep 

Spelunker's would weep

Skin and lips
So soft

Descartes
Would confuse
Science with maths

Towpaths and footpaths
Must have filled Heavens chorus lines

With angels to watch

When his new creation stepped out of the endless evolutionary lines

And into the presence of The Great Divine

My tears still fall like black rocks into a bottomless lake 

Leaving me stagnant 
In it's grey wake

When I look back
And reminisce 

About our last kiss

For my Queen
Lucy Mountbatten

Still lives within me
With profound passion 

For even though she was took out by the assassin

Sent by King Samhain

Our sweet love will never go out of fashion 

(C)
Copyright John Duffy 

Image shared under fair usage policy 

No comments:

Peace