. Poetry from The Great In-Between: Do you lucid dream?

Saturday, July 20, 2024

Do you lucid dream?


 Press Play 


The Oneironaut


A person who explores dream worlds, usually associated with lucid dreams?


Do you lucid dream?


(A lone voice whispers)


Through the blue portal of slumber

Into the Abyss of Dreams


I've wondered 


To live in one of my other lives without number


To see strange people

Hear new music


And all things as they come into sight


I've seen angels and demons

Felt love a light


Prayed for daybreak as darkness shrieked 

Into the long night


Walked in knee high rivers of madness 


Watched grey skies filled with rolling purple clouds of sadness


Rain on empty cities 

Below


I've flown

High up into the skies


Seen people once dead

Smile 


As when I last saw them

When to life

They were wed

With its illuminated flame


Seen the Dark Schism 

Where the darkness hides and rolls its dice 


As it takes aim

At the profane 


Unfathomable things with no name


Sat with lines of people

And talked into the night about the need for spirit cleansing


And to keep

Reinvention 


As your souls only goal and transformation 


Heard whispers and cries

Rise


Like thunder 

In lightning filled skies


Ran through wild forest

Chased by Sisters of the Grove


For they knew I lived

So left their Cove


Found love in the arms of a lady I once knew


But now cut through

Like dead branches 


It's a place I adore

When I appear

And always pray to go to


I've drunk deep from Pandora's fountain 


Tasted raw pain 

As I stood in gigantic mountains in never-ending rain


Walked with Kings

Princes 


Queens and normal folk


Been a leader

And the class fool

The village joke


And when morning calls

As I'm summoned to walk

The smoke filled tapestried 

halls


Of Morpheus the Greek

Who watches


Hanging like a painting on the yellow and alabaster walls


I try to recall all I've seen

While visiting 

The Great In-Between


The sounds

The people

Walking its grounds


Then I remember 

In 24 hours

I return again


To the smoke filled Vista

Filled with people and things that may have once lived


Or existed 


And step back through the veil of the Blue Portal


To once more live again

24 hours 

Of being mortal


(C)

Copyright John Duffy 




        

No comments:

Peace