. Poetry from The Great In-Between: The Dream Bringer. The Monologue of Morpheus the Greek.

Friday, August 30, 2024

The Dream Bringer. The Monologue of Morpheus the Greek.

Press play.


(A lone voice whispers)



I watch unseen

From The Great In-Between 

Carrying your heart's dreams


In my brown and blue suitcase 

Filled to the seam


And when the daylight sun lays to rest and the night stars


Look down for souls to mark and Illuminate, ready to confess 


I appear sparkling like rare diamonds through a purple portal in time and space


To open my brown and blue suitcase 

And quietly whisper


Mortal

Take these dreams as yours

As you run your race


Fear not failure 

Or feelings of disgrace


Which might take you 

To a hard place 


But revel in the freedom 

My dreams will bring


Be them good

Or filled with sin


For either way, 

They'll help your soul 

Sing


And with a transmutation spell


I then disappear 

Back to The Great In-Between 


To watch the night stars


Looking down for souls ready to be marked and illuminated


As they plead to confess 


So I can then appear

To help those 


Who might feel low

Or oppressed


Rise up with all they possess 


As my dreams

In their tired minds


Slowly unravel and take off their dress


So they can never be by Darkness 


Tethered and 

Conquered


For I'm just one

Of the universes many good shepherds


(C)

Copyright John Duffy

No comments:

Peace