. Poetry from The Great In-Between: Are you still here?

Saturday, August 8, 2026

Are you still here?

 


You never will ever know me. 


For I'm beyond anything you've ever felt or seen. 


Just writing strange stories from the Great In-Between. 


Does this resonate? 


The words just flowed for you to absorb. 


Maybe I am writing about you as I feel you. 


(A lone voice whispers) 




Mmm… yeah…

Blessed be. 

Velumbound


Oh…


You are my book of revelations

Every page, a divine creation


My alpha… my omega

My rebirth through every weather


You’re the rhythm in my heartbeat

Soft and sacred when you hold me


Life and death inside your eyes

Heaven wrapped in your sighs


And if you walk away from me…

Oh, what would I be?


If your faith in me is gone…


Tell me how do I go on?

 

You’re my hoooope… and my jooooy


My night… and my daaaay

Don’t you ever drift away


You’re my liiight… when I’m loooost

The only truth I can’t deny


You’re my reason why

Oh stay… stay… don’t fade away


You’re the song my soul can’t destroy


My hope… my joy… 


If you leave, I’d be in shadows

Dancing with my broken echoes


Every prayer would sound your name

Every tear would fall the same


You’re the fire in my silence

Calm within my storm of violence


Only you have ever known

The child inside I’ve never shown


So if in me you don’t believe…

That’s all I’d ever need


To fall apart, to lose my way…

Don’t let love just fade to grey…


You’re my hoooope… and my jooooy

My night… and my daaaay


Don’t you ever drift away

 You’re my liiight… when I’m loooost


The only truth I can’t deny

You’re my reason why


Oh stay… stay… don’t fade away

You’re the song my soul can’t destroy


My hope… my joy…


(Oh baby…)

You’re the one…

Playing chords straight through my heart…


(Yeah…)

You loved the soul inside of me…

Set that little soul free…


Don’t you know… don’t you know…

You’re everything…



You’re my hoooope… and my jooooy

My night… my day…


Don’t you ever walk away


You’re my liiight… when I’m loooost

My truth… my flame…


Calling out your name…


Stay… stay… right here with me


You’re the only love I can’t destroy

My hope… my joy… 


(My hope… my joy…)

Don’t leave me…


(You’re my night… my day…)

Stay… yeah…


(I bet you couldn't stop reading. You do know I... Well, I'll leave it there.) 


(C) 

Copyright John Duffy


No comments:

The Spirit Guide