. Poetry from The Great In-Between: The Blue Apocalypse

Saturday, August 8, 2026

The Blue Apocalypse

A whisper from a soul trapped in a cold, lonely purgatory.


Conjured from someone burning with fire in the falling rain and snow. 


Someone trapped between pain and numbness, fighting a blue apocalypse while an empty void tells them not to feel.



(A lone voice whispers) 


Sometimes…

These ripples…

Of purgatory fire…


Still burning…

After I died…


Sometimes blowing out


These ripples of purgatory fire

That burn deep inside


Like a raging inferno

Before I died


The suffering…

Of standing here alone


In this ever-falling

Soul-purging rain


Compelled to think

By forces unknown


I remember…

A long-forgotten name


Echo waves from yesterday

Wrapped in pleasure, wrapped in pain


Still I’m forced…

To remain…



Burning in the rain

Fire in my veins


Heaven feels so far away


Still I rise through the pain


I’m burning in the falling rain and snow

Trying to heal what I don’t know


This blue apocalypse feels so real

But the void keeps telling me… don’t feel

(C) 

Copyright John Duffy

No comments:

The Spirit Guide