. Poetry from The Great In-Between: The Spirit Guide

Saturday, August 8, 2026

The Spirit Guide

 


(A lone voice whispers) 


I’m the low whisper

Heard so faintly


In the frequencies

In-between


I move through winds of change

In your metamorphosis


Callin’ you back from sin

If you just let me in


Singin’ love songs softly

Helpin’ hearts to mend


Guidin’ lonely lovers

Back to where they began


I’m the ocean

You can swim in

The warmth when you feel cold


Though I walk in silent spaces

I’m stronger than you know


I’m your spirit guide

Walkin’ right by your side


Through the dark and the light


I’ll be there every night

I’m your spirit guide


Though you can’t see my face

When you call out in prayer


I’ll be there

In that place


I’m the strength you carry

Like steel deep in your soul


A midnight sky that’s shining

A treasure you can hold


I’m the smile on your lips

That shiver down your spine


That gentle touch you feel

When love comes right on time


In every tear you’ve cried

There’s a blessing close behind


A voice that never sleeps

Always right on time

 

I’m your spirit guide

Walkin’ every road you take


Through your fears and your faith

Through every heart that breaks


I’m your spirit guide…

In the silence I remain


Every whisper you hear

Callin’ out your name


Ohhh

When you’re dreamin’

I’m the river flowin’ through


Plantin’ seeds

Helpin’ you become you


A purple flower growin’

In your life’s stream


Followin’ you

Through every dream


I’m your spirit guide

Through the wild and the calm


On the tides of your life

Keep on holdin’ on


I’m your spirit guide

Sent from up above


Every step that you take

You’re surrounded by love


Though you may not see me

I’m always close by


A secret friend

From up high


And someday

We will meet


‘Cause I’m your eternal…

Spirit guide


(C) 

Copyright John Duffy


No comments:

The Spirit Guide