. Poetry from The Great In-Between: Closure

Sunday, September 27, 2026

Closure

 


Blessed be. 

Velumbound. 


A haunting transmission of unresolved grief, existential loss, and the agonising philosophical dilemma of choosing between free will and fate. 


By introducing dark elements like "shadow people" and striking Gothic imagery such as "ruby-green eyes," the speaker attempts to process a sudden abandonment while remaining trapped in a cyclical loop of memory and longing. 


Ultimately, the piece tries to beautifully balance deep bitterness with a final gesture of grace and closure.


Shall we begin? 


(A lone voice whispers) 


Even after all these years, I miss you still


Especially today, when I remember


How you walked right out of life's great door


In the silence, I sometimes wonder:


Was it free will

Or fate meant to do me ill?


Today, I shall confront these thoughts

Until I have finally had my fill


For if it wasn't free will to do me ill


But shadow people from beyond the hill


Then I can only pray today

And only softly say:


I do not wish you ill

If of me you had your fill


So on this broken hill

I’ll wave my last goodbye


My old love


For even after all these years

I miss you still


Especially today, when I remember


How you looked with those ruby-green eyes


That could kill


(C) 

Copyright John Duffy

No comments:

Praise be