. Poetry from The Great In-Between: Praise be

Sunday, September 27, 2026

Praise be

 


Blessed be. 

Velumbound. 


A new reflective transmission processing the emotional aftermath of a past relationship through a ritual of gratitude. 


The speaker uses the refrain "Amen" to accept both the joys and heartaches of the connection, framing the memory as a sacred, lingering presence rather than a source of bitterness.


Shall we begin? 


(A lone voice whispers) 



As I sit on this bed

Thinking about before


About our war and peace

And the so beautiful release


I just wanted to say

Amen


Amen for all the good and bad times when we were lovers and friends


Amen


For teaching me so much and introducing me to a love I could touch


Even though now 

I miss it so much


But like the North wind that blows

As all things grow old and go


Where only the ghosts of love can know


Tonight

In this half light


With the most holy watching


Amen for all those old memories that keep on knocking


As I sit on this bed

Thinking about before


(C) 

Copyright John Duffy

No comments:

Decay