. Poetry from The Great In-Between: Have you heard the Call?

Saturday, October 3, 2026

Have you heard the Call?

 


 Blessed be. 

Velumbound. 


A deeply emotional, rhythmic transmission exploring themes of eternal love, grief, and spiritual reunion.


By repeating the entire opening stanza at the end, the text mirrors the psychological state of grief. 


A continuous loop of memory, pain, and the comforting promise of an eventual reunion.


(A lone voice whispers) 


There is a call deep on high


It whispers in the darkness and constantly cries


It speaks of divided parts entangled but standing whole


An unconquerable timeless love forever aflame 


Between two now lonely souls



I was once yours, it whispers, and you were always mine


Simultaneously, we might be separated by the great veil, but we’ll still stand together as one


Watching the crestfallen stars until the fall of time



For together we are indivisible by death, and all that remains


For we two carry our golden chains even though their burdens may cause temporary pain



We are but just lonesome wanderers awaiting reunion


But one day we shall again be as one; you’ll just have to be patient and wait until my time is run


Such longing flows through my veins


The one I still miss who could no longer remain


It’s but a hollow need I really could not casually dismiss, as your soft caresses I still really just miss


I can only but look forward to a new tomorrow 


When we shall once again meet in a new Summerland 


Devoid of pain, cancer, or sorrow


To be reunited in halls of immeasurable secrets where we shall no longer grow old 


And all our love shall be reborn and surrounded by lights 


Of shimmering silver and gold


I visited a medium on the fall of the last Full moon, and Shirley said my other half still waits in the dark


She stands lonely too with a broken heart that still pines


So Julia

This is my message for you


One day beyond the mists of time


In a new place filled with tranquillity for all to behold.


All our stories and adventures shall be retold


For ours is a love which shall still grow, as we are inescapable souls


Irredeemable we may still be 


Full of mortal faults and mistakes, but blessed be by the lights of Goddess Albina


Beyond the Great Wormwood Star


Unconquerable Souls who will once again walk as one


It whispers in the darkness and constantly cries


It speaks of divided parts entangled but standing whole


An unconquerable timeless love forever aflame between two now lonely souls


I was once yours, it whispers, and you were always mine


Simultaneously, we might be separated by the great veil


But we’ll still stand together as one, watching the crestfallen stars 


Until the fall of time



For together we are indivisible by death, and all that remains


For we two carry our golden chains even though their burdens may cause temporary pain



We are but just lonesome wanderers awaiting reunion


But one day we shall again be as one; you’ll just have to be patient and wait until my time is run


Such longing flows through my veins


The one I still miss who could no longer remain


It’s but a hollow need I really could not casually dismiss


As your soft caresses I still really just miss


I can only but look forward to a new tomorrow 


When we shall once again meet in a new Summerland


Devoid of pain, cancer, or sorrow


To be reunited in halls of immeasurable secrets where we shall no longer grow old 


And all our love shall be reborn and surrounded 


By lights of shimmering silver and gold


(C)

Copyright John Duffy 

 

No comments:

Reflections