. Poetry from The Great In-Between: The Mistress Of The Shadows

Saturday, April 10, 2021

The Mistress Of The Shadows




 A quiet day as I review old post for a new short book. It is kind of strange reading old posts created out of the ether. Human relationships are still as complicated as from the time humanity began. Did Lilith bring something controversial in the new world, when she rebelled against Adam, as written in some old scriptures and books many allure to? Is she the.................................


The Mistress Of The Shadows

 

 

Am I the sacred answers you

Still forever just seek

 

Could I but be your own embodiment of a glorious heaven or a perverse hell

 

Some say I’m the sweet lullaby dark angels sing

A sonnet of damnation or intense pleasure for the soul

 

Am I but the luscious green garden

everyone wishes to walk through

before they leave this land

 

To trespass to who knows

In here

 

One of the glorious

Hidden fifth kingdoms

 

We in the know

Just call

She’ol

 

My weapons have started and ended many

Historical or personal wars

 

Am I but the all-consuming sharp knife 


To pierce the hearts and lonely minds of those who just linger lost

Below the long shadows

 

Just seeking something to reignite their dark desires

Or who fight for the light

 

I have been called many names

Like the life-force of all living creatures

Untamed or just walking and surviving

Broken

 

Endless ancient woodland groves

Still sing unheard pagan songs to me

In the darkness

 

 

For my names are many but only two really remains

 

I live eternally

You see

 

Tasked to visit shamefully darkly lit places

Opulent incensed

Fused palaces of loquacious


Words of flesh and physical sin


Bedrooms

Woods and hotel rooms still carry the scent of my many

Visceral soul tainting visits

 

They all silently pray for my return

 

For I am but the darkness hiding in

So much light

 

Holy sustenance your soul needs

To truly feed and breathe

 

In plain sight

 

 

For once you are firmly within my grasp

I will own you for all your remaining

 Days and nights


For once you’ve tasted my sweet wet liquor

And sampled my priceless red wines

 

I’ll always own you as long as your light flickers


For I am ancient

Born into life with Old Adam and before my successor 

Called Eve

 

Now just forever stalking you

Within your Gardens of This Ages Creation

 

I walk through all countries

And my name is still carried

Upon the wet lips of the seduced

 

 

Within every one of these new worlds many

Ever-growing nations

 

For I am the glimmer and mysterious shine


Whilst lost in the darkness

And knee-deep in

The temptations of the Black Sun

 

The giver of reconciliation or damnation of the soul

 The emotional Sword of Damocles

 

 

A knife-edge upon which you may perpetually balance

And unknowingly dance


Do you know my full esoteric name yet

 I'm simply the two edge sword look bestowed to all living creatures from so high above

 

My full esoteric name is simply

Love Hate


Copyright John Duffy

No comments:

Peace