. Poetry from The Great In-Between: A Lady called Destiny

Monday, September 19, 2022

A Lady called Destiny

(A lone voice whispers)

  



I hope she still waits  

  



That rebellious wild woman  

Of such irreducible taste  



Whose aura glistens with incredible glimmer and sublime guile  

  



With stunning bright eyes  



That still shines with the illustrious glow


Of that illuminated flame  

  



Which was once stolen  

By brave Prometheus  



From Heaven's Dark Skies  

Enhancing her beautiful face  

  



Making her look like Morgana the Cunning Sorceress


Written about in the Immortal Arthurian Legends  

  



From where all her pagan blood flows  

  



She holds me  

You know  



Like a lone pawn  



Enthralled in a grip of steel  

As I try to break down  

  



Her carefully constructed walls  

To work out how she feels  

  



When I see her in here  



Standing tall  

Adorned in Black and Red leather


Within these dark woods  

I find myself


Lost in  

At the stroke of every midnight  



Where we still meet as I stroll  

  



After I lure her away  

From so singing eloquently  



In her candlelit salt circle  

  



To Mother Moon and ever watching Father Grey Sky


As his white clouds roll  

  



Where she utters strange ancient spells


Unknown to most  

  



As she conquers all


Who dare come into view  

Before they can yell


Like me


It's why I still visit  

For I can never leave  

  


For I'm just hypnotised


And invoked like another lonely fool


To be  

Deceived forever


By the delicious sounds


Of her golden ringing  

Summoning bells  



(C)  

Copyright John Duffy


Image courtesy of Pinterest. Shared under fair usage policy.

No comments:

Apokalypsis Visions