. Poetry from The Great In-Between: Covid Dreams of The Dearly Beloved. The letter left behind.

Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Covid Dreams of The Dearly Beloved. The letter left behind.

 



Press play before you read.
It adds such an edge.

Some say sad poems make the best reading.

What says you?

Whispers as I retire.
Salute.

-----------------


Take me in
From the grey ashes


Blowing like an early breeze

Within the deep cold recesses of your many


Hidden red rooms
In your fast-flowing mind



Lullaby
My once well-loved name 



As you quietly 
Sit still and try to breathe



Take me in
Eagerly



Lovingly
Once again



With your arms wide open and keep me real
Close



For
Even though 
I still silently
Sleep



Deep 



But carefully hidden from watchful or inquisitive eyes 



Maybe all around

Don't be so scared
As I'm forever going 
To be with you



For I'm now reborn to be eternal


Not one of the
Lonely 



Internally 
Bleeding dark emotions



Just walking around
Dreaming of 



Living but soon to be dead
Lost and wandering all
Alone


But
Within those crimson
Fires of distant memories



Like the legendary
Phoenix
Of Amu Mansu



I will be reborn and
I will rise
Forever



Don’t cry
And burn in strangers or friend's 

Undertows 


And always
Feel their projected pain


But instead, look within treasured memories and old photographs


To rebirth me 
Again and again



So take in these last words

In this
My final hidden love letter


I leave within my will
Now I'm too ill


As my final angelic 
Evocations


Before I forever surrender
To heaven 

Dreaming and murmuring about your beautiful green eyes


And long shimmering 
hair and spiritually
Captivating charms


For I'm 
Now but a soon-to-be gloriously illuminated 
Being



Still living
Without fear of 
Any earthbound

Limitations


Deep and forever tumbling

In a wild kaleidoscope 
Of broken shattered mirrors


But still always living eternally 


I hope
Deep inside of you


For to replace me
In time with another


Would just be a pale and cheap imitation 


And
When I see God and he asks me why I'm still smiling



As we stand together when I seek forgiveness for all my mortal and physical sins


I'll just say 


I'm simply thinking about that fascinating young lady

Who once held her
Golden violin lovingly upright

Under a great old oak tree

In good old Long Island 



And who lovingly played a beautiful poetic tune 

Upon it 


Just for little old me



Copyright John Duffy 



I hope you enjoyed the whispers.

Until the next time.

Salute.


No comments:

Remember Me