. Poetry from The Great In-Between: A Dark Voice Whispers

Sunday, August 27, 2023

A Dark Voice Whispers

  


Hear me

For I'm 

The Oracle in the Temple of Temptation


In the darkness  

The multitude  

They cry


Those tormented but loved ferociously by my brother Sin


Who I bless to always  

Win


The Fallen  

Who kneel  


Rich and powerful but

Starved of love


Those who do not pray for mercy in the darkness


From high above


What they do not know

What I try to cloud their judgement to deny


That there is still hope  

For my enemy did not die


But the fools  

Who I claim now as mine


The members of secret societies

Corrupt and greedy


Don't believe he lived  

Beyond the bet of a dime 


So I can maybe take my chance


And lead them to my desert of desolation


With a soft kiss and a trusting hand


That tempts them to take it

To begin our eternal dance


For my name is on another level


If you're into rhyming

You might already know my name


It's simply an inversion of a place


The Enlightened  

Know as heaven


The King who loves to embezzle


Who the righteous know as their adversary


My name is known worldwide


Glad to meet you  

My name is your friendly rebel


The.......


Copyright John Duffy

A piece inspired by all the corruption, flooding the worldview at this junction in time.

There's always hope though, you just have to look between the cracks in the Shadows. Salute. 

Image shared under fair usage policy via Pinterest. 

No comments:

Cataclysmic Dreams