. Poetry from The Great In-Between: Mirroring from the Abyss

Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Mirroring from the Abyss


 

In the darkness of sleep, an angel called Poetry appeared.

She whispered tales of how many would visit and pass on stories as I slept.

She whispered I was simply a conduit from the Abyss and with a parting soft kiss, 

she disappeared and then the voices appeared.

The following are all those whispers in the middle of the night, within a year or so, 

of those strange ethereal dreams.

Where strange unknown visitors suddenly appeared within my lucid deep streams.

Do long deceased ghosts recite poetry in the spaces in-between?

And so it begins with voices in the dark.

As I sit lonely in my darkened room with my black Remington typewriter for company,

 in my mind’s eye a stage has appeared. 

All black save for a type of spotlight in the middle.

A figure has appeared and stepped in to view.

Rugged, bearded and wearing a white shirt and a dark Mac with piercing blue eyes, 

he speaks.

My name is William, John.

Will you recite our stories to the world oh narrator from the lands of the living?

Who am I to say no, 
I whisper and so it begins.

William speaks, will you listen?

If you were worth nothing or rich beyond compare

I would still stand beside you and just try to love you

If you were scared frightened or just weighed down with life and all its baggage

I would gladly rush in to carry your burdens

If you were mad or just simply sad

I would quickly reach out with empathy overflowing with an electrifying passion to just embrace you 

in a hug of complete compassion

If you needed some love and light in the middle of a lifetime

I would just simply appear through inspired lines and prose to hold you tightly

Simply to remind you

All your feelings of guilt or pain are also mine

If you needed anything profound beyond my care or abilities

I would just try to simply love you

For ours is but a silent union dear reader

Free from physical excesses but entwined and spinning endlessly

Lost in the spiritual cosmos beyond time and space

Serenading our opened the third eye

As we ride over landscapes of blue and green

Visiting newer realms unseen as two

Shall we begin?
(C)
Copyright John Duffy

Here's the link to Amazon for the curious. Salute. 

Click Here for Amazon


No comments:

The Calling