. Poetry from The Great In-Between: The 4 am voice

Thursday, August 24, 2023

The 4 am voice

In the lower levels of spiritual existence 


We once roamed

Alone and lonely


Forlornly

Looking for true love


And all it's mysterious emotional energy


Hidden away 

In our empty homes


And like a red rose 

Blooming in a garden of thorns


I found you

Like a rare diamond amongst the coal


Blowing your triumphant horn


We danced

Sang and laughed together


And our happiness seemed forever


But Fate


That unseen handler of so many

From The Great In-Between

Intervened


Then you were once more lost 

For the ever-expanding sea

From dark shores


Had reached us and you were beached


Somewhere 

Between


Where and there

Between us


But

Regret is a grey smoke 

I will never breathe


Pain 

A tablet of separation

I will never take


For our life

Together though short


Will vibrate

Throughout my eternity 

Forever


For memories make a person once broken 


Smile filled with happy thoughts


Though unspoken


For pain and regret are always blowing like hungry


Vampiric seeds in the loose winds


Hoping to take root and grow in the garden of sad hearts


Which invite them in


Sadness found in regret and pain 


Should be cleansed by remembering


All those happier times 

For that's how I remain


Profound


For even though now

My old love and me


Don't share the same

Common ground


Like


Rose DeWitt Bukater and Jack Dawson


We dance forever 

Together

 

In my deep dreams


(C)

Copyright John Duffy


No comments:

The Calling