. Poetry from The Great In-Between: Ode to Cecilia

Sunday, April 14, 2024

Ode to Cecilia

 Do you lucid dream?


If you do, you will probably understand how tragic it feels, to sometimes lose the frequency of a particular dream.


One for the lucid dreamers.


A gift I share and maybe use to create and inspire my visions.

Salute.


Ode to Cecilia


(A lone voice whispers)



Some rare nights

When my tired eyes

Close  


As my soul goes


To the lower levels of the Astral Realms

Where no earthly winds

Blows


You sometimes meet me 

Dressed like the true beauty


I always see


In pictures 

Of you and me


Where we hold hands

Walk the line and talk


Like Johnny Cash and June Carter 


But with the Moon as my witness


And the Tollkeeper 

Of the Great Hereafter 


Earths eternal timekeeper 


I'm pulled back to the real world by


Daylight disconnecting Morpheus's

Dark magic


The true king and god 

Of all sleepers


And just cursed to pray

I find you in my next dreams 


Tonight


For not to do so

Would be so tragic


So my new god

Morpheus 


Bless me

With some of your ecstatic melodramatic majik


From the deep depths of the Astral 


Abyssopelagic Zone


So more it

Be


Copyright John Duffy 



No comments:

The Monologue of Jabari