. Poetry from The Great In-Between: The Letter

Tuesday, June 11, 2024

The Letter

 


The Letter



Mon Cheri


We had a good time while it lasted 


Just remember that


Remember I took your soft hand in the mist


Tried to kiss those soul eyes with a touch of intimate bliss


So now 

Just think of me like this


Like it was a holy Decretum


Think of me like a loose-leaf blowing in the winds of time 


Who once landed on your white window sill


Like a feather sent from heaven


And brought you 

A brief sense of freedom 

Through exchanging rhymes 


For we were briefly baptized by those who never cry


Before the winds of time

Picked up


And the Leviathan's lightning

Struck


So saith 

I


The bold poetic profit


Walking in rivers of deep reeds


Followed by the great dragon that lieth in the midst of so many swirling rivers


Where I'm sent

To appear like a leaf


On a window sill 


To help another swimmer 

From becoming a marked sinner


(C)

Copyright John Duffy 


Image shared under fair usage policy.


Profit as in benefit


Benefiting from helping.


The phrase "mon chéri" is French for "my darling". 


All poetry is open to the readers interpretation.


So I added these notes for clarification.


Thanks for the questions.

Salute


No comments:

The Invocation of Xo