. Poetry from The Great In-Between: Own me. Control me.

Thursday, June 13, 2024

Own me. Control me.


 Title:


Meum

Imperium

me


Ita fiat illud

Be (L)


(A soft seductive voice, whispers)


In this

The darkest hour


In the Great Pit

Where I wield 

Total power


Sitting beside

IT


Read this 

In this very moment

Silently and patiently


For your soul

To be deliriously deflowered


Meum

Imperium me

Ita fiat illud


Be (L)


By me


The Un-Hallowed Queen

Of all sinful slaves


Just lurking

Tonight


Like a funnel-web spider

Waiting to bite


From the Great In-Between

When The Black Gates open


And I am allowed 

In


Meum

Imperium me

Ita fiat illud


Be (L)



Copyright John Duffy


Latin translation since I know you read the open invitation: 


Own me

Control me


So mote it

Be


Images shared under fair usage policy. 


Like all things, duality exists in poetry.


Duality introduces us to things having two parts, sometimes with fundamentally different meanings.


Similar to peace and war, love and hate.


Good and evil. And so on.


And as poetic and romantic as poetry can be, it too can have two sides to a metaphorical

coin.  


Light poetry and dark poetry.


While exploring themes linked to the darker aspects of the human experience.


From the macabre, personal suffering, death, and other dark themes. 


A few renowned poets still resonates today.


If one seeks to deep dive into the mysteries of the human condition.


You may wish to enter their realms and visions.


I've just listed a few below for the inquisitive.


Salute.


Edgar Allan Poe (1809-1849)


Charles Baudelaire (1821-1867)


Sylvia Plath (1932-1963)


Anne Sexton (1928-1974)


Arthur Rimbaud (1854-1891)


Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)


No comments:

Peace