. Poetry from The Great In-Between: Renewal

Sunday, August 25, 2024

Renewal


Press play.

(A lone voice whispers)


Is this the final time for you and me


To part from visiting my white room
In the Great In-Between


For this morning I read
As God once said
In Isaiah 43:18-19


I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland


And I can faintly hear brass bands playing a sad tune in the distance

Via my automatic scrying machine


And a soft voice whispering
It's no use staying

She needs time to heal 

To restart and feel


So maybe
Another time around in this crazy circle

With no rehearsal
It may last


Even though our love is dead and buried


Maybe next time we can just find a way to continue to be true friends

Who makes each other
Gasp

To try to make it better than the last


So tonight I open up my old tired diary

And just write in big letters


Never forget
Your only love
Mary

The kind woman who once carried you
When life once got so heavy


(C) Copyright John Duffy

No comments:

Peace