. Poetry from The Great In-Between: The Invitation

Monday, August 26, 2024

The Invitation

 



I rather like creating supernatural pieces, littered with light and dark references.


I just have a strange ethereal kaleidoscope, I use to describe emotional driven poetic short stories. 


Are the stories just whispering voices in the darkness from the Great In-Between?


Are they reflective in nature? 


I suppose it's just a reflection of how I see humanity shaped. 


We each have our own individual styles. 


Mine are all poetic monologues in essence.


For to know and treasure the light of happiness when it comes, we need to have drunk a sip from darkness hot liquor.


To then stand tall in front of all. 


Without a flicker and accept Loves Invitation 


Whenever it's presented! 


Salute. 


Title:

The Invitation. 


Let me in

I whisper in the darkness.


Across deep blue oceans and rocky yellow sandy shores


To warm you my new love

For I am so hot


Let my whispered dark spells


Carried by grey smoke in the gushing four winds


Reach those once frozen tears


Falling from those beautiful eyes and reach deep into your lonely heart.


Feel its red flame

Crimson


As it engulfs you with total ease


Hot to the touch like fire


So addictive and seductively consuming


But beware

When it touches humans


Some are forever emotionally 

Ruined


Like a rare expensive bottle of red wine


Bestowed from the dark places unvisited 


Let me melt those cold glaciers that surround you with soul-warming fires


Burning and spinning within my endless dark eyes


Feel the heat from my hands on your chest


The breath of my mouth

Tasting each word as your soul opens up 


Its dark doors and pleads to confess


No more to wait

But to climb my red ladder out of the darkness of Naamah's 


Endless grey void


Before your beautiful soul is tainted and stands inline 


With so many others who make a mockery of emotions


Before they are destroyed 


No more to lie frozen under heartbroken spells


Conjured by dark shadows 

From leather-bound grimoires from the Lesser Key of Solomon


As you bathe in deep silence under a darkened purple-hued sky


Let that flame that once flickered so low but never really died


Those discarded old dreams which once laid forgotten in old days and lonely nights


Come back to life 


As I force back Damballa's darkness with my shining Astral knife


Are you kneeling naked and vulnerable in your red room

Awaiting my soft touch


Can I baptise you like Saint John the Baptist


To walk knee-deep into new seas of Galilee


Is that low spark of Longing


On fire in your centre


Your precious divine spiritual altar


Aflame and burning so bright


Are you ready to get drunk on this lascivious potion 

I always carry


Stolen from the encampments on the perilous mountains of Asmodeus


Called Mother Temptation 


Will you drink and feel the burn


To melt as all those old once hidden feelings 

Slowly return


Will you then sleep unfrozen as they creep in


Is it then you will ask me


In hushed soft whispers to take you under and whisper new red love spells


To listen as you then slowly confess 


As your soul no longer weeps 


Just say yes

And acquiesce

My new muse


I'll be that willing shoulder and ear to listen


As all your previous fears have a means to be expressed


As your eyes shine in a new half-light and begin to glisten


Copyright John Duffy


Image shared under fair usage policy.

No comments:

Peace