. Poetry from The Great In-Between: The Msula

Monday, August 12, 2024

The Msula

 A poetic monologue for the inquisitive.


Title:


The Msula 


(A lone voice whispers)


Have you worn one of those old red coats yet


The one given by one of the invisible Riders in the silent night


The Msula


Who knows when your libido's getting wet

For the first time 


A coat filled with holes and tears


From someone else

Who no longer needs one to wear


A symbol of hopes and dreams


Sometimes in vain

For wearing it spiritually doesn't mean love will remain 


And it may even bring you pain


But have you worn one like I once did 

When I was a kid


When I felt my heartbeats rise like the early morning sunrise 


The weight and happiness tied together within a red ribbon of bliss 


In that first kiss


Then the solitude

Way after


But I still wore it proudly looking for its twin


Another red coat wearer 

With tears and holes


Frayed seams

But still keen


It's how I found my Mary before her coat was taken back 


By one of the Riders in the silent night


The Msula

When she died


To be given to another new land walker


To feel the anxiety, concern, difficulty, duty, hardship, load, onus, responsibility, strain, task, tax, trouble, worry. 


And dissatisfaction that comes from wearing it


But also how all those burdens are extinguished in the bliss of that first kiss


Oh, how I miss her

Now I'm 89


But a Night Rider appeared to me late last night 


Said 

Write your last thoughts down Henry


Your time with the red coat is nearly over


I'll be coming for it tomorrow before you crossover


So tear a hole in the fabric 

And pull at the seams


When you can see it before you go to Mary 


In The Great In-Between 


You see the holes and tears add to the magical essences 


Of wearing one of our holy gifts 


For it helps keep the hope for love present 


When all seems lost 


And helps to find the twin coat of the new wearer


Just like you and how you found your Mary


Guided by one of us

The Old Fairies 


So before I go 

Wear yours proudly


Be kinder and

Vibrate higher 


And if you already haven't found your twin red coat wearer 


Just know 

The Riders in the silent night


The Msula


Will soon find its twin and introduce your heart to heavenly choruses of hallelujah's


In the form of a new love 

 

So good night and good luck

For I can just see my beloved Mary in the distance calling 


Standing beside one of the Night Riders


The forever smiling 

Msula


As the moon and stars above seem to start falling 


(C) Copyright John Duffy 



Image created by Adobe Express.

No comments:

Peace