. Poetry from The Great In-Between: The Sunday Voice

Sunday, August 18, 2024

The Sunday Voice


Foundation of the piece.

Do the Unrequited still seek love searching through social media for an old love?

Have you looked up old flames in secret?
 

(A lone voice whispers)


In this grey shade of semi-darkness


I've sat down by the IPFT and looked again down through time 


Past all the fast-moving images and those sad heartbreaking ones

Portraying illnesses 


Lit a white Dominion protection magic candle and pondered


Is she with another I just can't see


Someone else's older or younger brother


That soulmate who once professed and confessed 

She was only mine


Would she still love me beyond all she feared

If I could somehow suddenly appear


Would her sweet kisses taste the same as before 


When we first met and I told her my sacred name

As I stood at her front door


But would she forget me this time when she got home


Delete my old number on her phone


I know she's a siren 

Lord


A beautiful beacon


A light in the dark who all fall to their knees

Whenever she calls


Is that why I'm cursed by the green shards of Belazor 


In this grey shade of semi-darkness 


As I embrace my own form of holy crucifixion


Charged to look down through time forever 


And tasked by Malachi


To always light a white Dominion magic protection candle 


From the sacred box of self-introspection


And ponder

Is she with another that has my reflection 

Who looks like me


Someone else's younger or older brother 


Now I've died and can only use the IPFT

To see


Copyright John Duffy 

Image shared under fair usage policy.

No comments:

Peace