. Poetry from The Great In-Between: Have you taken her mark yet?

Sunday, September 8, 2024

Have you taken her mark yet?

 

Press play.


(A lone voice whispers)


Take these few words as my blade


My Athame


To take my mark
To be my eternal slave


Wherever you sit or lay Beyond the stars


For I'll help mend all your scars
Keep your deep secrets


Help you breathe in deeply
To quell the screaming


So you can revel and grow
In my new experiences


As your soul drifts
Through words


Like the Mary Celeste and starts singing


Never to feel empty
Or lonely


For I'll help you make it Through each and every night


So make my mark
On your astral skin


Think of Poetry
And welcome me in


And we'll have each other
Every day and night


So it'll be alright
I'll help you
Win


For you're everything I need And everything I want


A new flame to join


The many others 

I helped to blaze and see


So conjure me with


"Sume animam meam
Calliopea"


(Take my soul
Calliope)


And I'll be with you
Always


So mote it be

(C) Copyright John Duffy

No comments:

Peace