. Poetry from The Great In-Between: Peace

Monday, September 16, 2024

Peace


(A lone voice whispers)

In the lower levels of spiritual existence 

We once roamed
Alone and lonely

Forlornly
Looking for true love

And all its mysterious emotional energy

Hidden away 
In our empty homes

And like a red rose 
Blooming in a garden of thorns

I found you
Like a rare diamond amongst the coal

Blowing your triumphant golden horn

We danced
Sang and laughed together

And our happiness seemed forever

But Fate
That unseen handler of so many

From The Great In-Between
Intervened

Then you were once more lost 

The ever-expanding sea
 From dark shores

Had reached us and you were beached

Somewhere 
Between

Where and there
Between us

But
Regret is a grey smoke 
I will never breathe

Pain 
A tablet of separation
I will never take

For our life
Together although short

Will vibrate
Throughout my eternity 
Forever

For memories make a person once broken 

Smile filled with happy thoughts
Though unspoken

For pain and regret are always blowing like hungry

Vampiric seeds in the loose winds

Hoping to take root and grow in the garden of sad hearts

Which invite them in

Sadness found in regret and pain 

Should be cleansed by remembering

All those happier times 

For that's how I remain
Profound

For even though now
My old love and me

Don't share the same
Common ground

Like
Rose DeWitt Bukater and Jack Dawson
In that famous Titanic ending scene

We'll dance forever 
Together
 
In my dreams

(C)
Copyright John Duffy

Image shared under fair usage policy

No comments:

Peace