. Poetry from The Great In-Between: Autumnal Whispers

Monday, September 16, 2024

Autumnal Whispers

 Autumnal Whispers 



Autumnal darkness comes like a favourite old friend 


In this

The longest of nights

In September 


Creeping in like a Mesopotamia creeping mist 


Like one remembered 

While the rest of the world is sleeping 


Depriving me of sleep

Underneath its meager grey skies


As weather chimes

Overcast


Cry

Sing and whistle

In rhyme 


O Lord,

Hear my cry


On your

Most High


Open up my soul contract

And declare by your decree

My freedom is still intact


My freedom to find my Lucinda


The girl who once gave me her number 

A while back


Only to lose me and our whispered pact


By the strike of your thunder


Hear me

O Mighty Lord


In this Autumnal hour


Cut the cord 

Cut the cord


So I can leave this memory place 

Of smoke and ash


So I can just run

To find her with all my remaining power


But in these low whispers 

In the deep depths


I feel the vibrational presence of viewers


So here's to you


You 

The bohemians 

Eccentrics originals and mavericks


The kingdom builders of visual worlds that shine through 


Using the power and brilliance of inspired words and fluted thoughts


I pray with you to stay

Like my beloved Lucinda 

In memories


You 


The Ones

That has the brilliance of words and fluted thoughts 


Only you

I can praise


You


The searchers

Creator's


Poetic

Time abusers


Be free and never 

Bought


(C)

Copyright John Duffy

No comments:

Peace