. Poetry from The Great In-Between: Remember Me

Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Remember Me


 Remember me

My Elysee


In the low hours


When you are weak 

And have lowered

Your powerful barriers


For it's then I can only be seen


Remember me

As that tsunami of furious fire


That once reenergized you

In those dark years


When you were alone and tired


To be wholly free


Remember me

By looking at my picture


Your now favourite 

Black and white one I sent you

As my holy scripture


That you'll only need


Remember me when you are old 


Standing brightly as the early morning sun 


In the darkness of old age


Even though your beloved memories are getting cold


Before God turns your page


So you can fade away

To join me 


As the hours and seconds

Run away 


Remember me

So I may stay

In some strange spiritual way


To give you comfort


Until you too are recalled

To float away

Someday


Remember me

My poetic love 

So I can come to you


In dreams


Walking down to find you

Through the ethereal blue rivers and green


Underground streams 


To reach you to swim

Together 

Reunited

 

In the Holy Sea

Until the early morning sunrise


Remember me

As your true spiritual devotion


Who you never met in physical flesh


But one

Who wrote down 

In his pre-life road map


With his spirit guide

In another

Far away nation


"I want to meet someone so extraordinary 


Someone worldwide


Who will show me such poetic wonders" 


"That my heart will open up its velvety doors and ask to be possessed as it pleads to confess


Before I once more walk 

In these heavenly tides

Of the Holy Sea"


And then I suddenly met you


Mesmerised 

By all

I could see


So that's why I pray

For you 

Each night


So you'll remember me

As I wait here


Walking barefoot and alone

In the swirling tides

Of The Holy Sea


Waiting 

for the one

I once wrote down before I was born


Now known

As Elysee


The only one I'll ever need


(C)

Copyright John Duffy


No comments:

Remember Me