. Poetry from The Great In-Between: The Eulogy Letter

Saturday, September 21, 2024

The Eulogy Letter

 Press play.


What would your eulogy letter say?


Although I leave

Behind


So many to grieve

Please don't cry


For I have loved my beautiful life

And have no fear to die


For through faith

I know 


Angels with bright wings

With turtle-doves

That sing


Will find me

To guide me


Beyond the clouds of this world's largest sky


Way past Saturn Rings


For my heart is clear

And filled with all the wonderful things 


I hold dear

Like you all


My family and friends 

So hold on to your sad tears


This is not the end


For I have danced hand in hand with love 


In the early morning rain

And sunshine 

 

Savored its sweet taste and pain 

In my beating chest as my heart pined


Kissed and fought 

For peace

For the oppressed 


With all the many buttons 

I could find 

To press


So of me do not cry

For fear of death 


No fear 

Have I


For my God 

Now waits for me


Smiling 

Beaming 

In the shadows


By the silver gates


In the eternal green redeeming meadows


So take this

As my final kiss 

Goodbye


My eulogy letter 


For remember 

When you hear this


Trust me

Good friends and true love

Never die


And knowing

Loving and seeing

You all 


Has been my utmost pleasure 


And I can only hope and pray  

You'll keep doing your best in some way 


Therefore, in closing


Good night and

God bless 


Remember me

Just another loved one


Walking to find their salvation 

In the Holy Sea


(C)

Copyright John Duffy

No comments:

The Eulogy Letter