. Poetry from The Great In-Between: A Sunday Voice Whispers

Sunday, August 6, 2023

A Sunday Voice Whispers

 



Even though

The night is mine


Like the doe


Who hides behind 

The bushes in the nighttime


Every breath you take

Every step you make


Even if the moon no longer rises

Or the sun goes out


I will be at your side


If you lose hope

With nothing left to cope


I will be at your side


If your life seems empty

Whilst others seem to have plenty


Pray to me to appear

To wipe away those tears


For I will be at your side


If you need space and time 

To clear your mind


If you need to feel pain

To be reborn again


I will be at your side


If Fate brings you SAD gifts 

Like seasonal affective disorders


From all known states

Or borders


Or people filled with and preaching hate


Call to me

And I will be at your side


For your life is but a brief whisper 

A quick ride in my Ether


A tiny dot on my ethereal map

A made-up wheel


Created by the Babylonians and Egyptians

That can steal 

All you feel


So know

Your life was never made to live alone

Driven by a ticking wheel


Call to me 

To atone


And I will be at your side

In a flash 

Before your world turns to ash


So my Keeper of the Sacred Keys

Peter  


Can welcome you home

When you're due


To a wonderful land 

Where you're never alone 


But with all your family and beloved friends


Free spirits 

While all animals roam


Remember to call to me

So I can be at your side

If only for a short while


I'm sure you know my name


For I'm also a child


A son of a God sent to guide

All things in his Ether 

Which collide 


Even the sinful

Who has lied


But more so 

For those 

Whose souls have cried



Call to me

For faith in something greater

 Always provides


For I will always try

To be by your side

(C)

Copyright John Duffy


Image shared under fair usage policy via Pinterest.

No comments:

The Calling