. Poetry from The Great In-Between: Saul's Eulogy Letter

Friday, August 4, 2023

Saul's Eulogy Letter

 


All though I leave

Behind


So many to greave

Don't cry


For I have loved life

And have no fear to die


For through faith

I know 


Angels with bright white wings

With turtle doves

That sing


Will guide me


Beyond the clouds of this world's largest sky

Past Saturn Rings


For my heart is clear

And filled with all things I hold dear


For I have danced with love in the early morning rain 

 

Savoured its sweet taste and pain 


In my beating chest


Kissed and fought 

For peace

For the oppressed 


With all the buttons I could press


So of me do not cry

For fear of death 


No fear 

Have I


For my God 

Now waits for me

In the shadows


By the grey gates

In the eternal meadows


So take this

As my final kiss 

Goodbye


For remember 

When you read or hear this


Trust me 

Good friends and true love

Never die


(C)

Copyright John Duffy


Image shared under fair usage policy via Pinterest. 

No comments:

The Calling