. Poetry from The Great In-Between: Channelling William

Sunday, August 27, 2023

Channelling William


(A lone voice whispers.)


My Serafina

I still miss your sweet voice


Your delicate smile and your Chanel Number 5 perfume


Those symbols of you

Follow me


Like silvery orbs

Into every single room


The drums

In my mind 


Beat louder

Each time I remember your fireplace picture


But now

Nothing sates me

But faith in scripture


For 

Psalms 35 says


Contend, O LORD, with those who contend with me; fight against those who fight against me.


Take up shield and buckler; arise and come to my aid. 


Brandish spear and javelin against those who pursue me. 


Say to my soul, 


"I am your salvation."


So now I no longer fear

Demons linked to darkness or loneliness 


In here

Bereft of you


For I know


1 Corinthians 15: 42-45

Says


"So it will be with the resurrection of the dead.


The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; 


It is sown in dishonour it is raised in glory; 


It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; 


It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body."


For together

We will be again


To feel the bounty and fruit of the endless harvest 


To sit with and feel the warmth 


Those 

We today


Still miss

In endless bliss


(C)

Copyright John Duffy


Image shared under fair usage policy via Pinterest. 

No comments:

The Eulogy Letter