. Poetry from The Great In-Between: Hope

Saturday, August 26, 2023

Hope

 (A lone voice whispers.)


When sleep is all you mercifully seek

For your soul is sorrowful and weak


When Dreamland's mists start creeping in


Slowly

Like a thief 

In the HippoCampus Inn


I'll be waiting

In its centre


Waiting for you

To enter 


And to me

Your mighty defender

Your sovereign shield 

Surrender


For you and me

Need to speak

So you know


Wherever

You're feeling 

Sorrowful or

Weak


Seek Dreamland

So I can appear


With my enchanting marching band

Of inspiration 

In the mists


And you

To sing to sleep


By the soothing sounds

Of our violins


Before I return

To The HippoCampus Inn


My home

Just

Beneath your skin


(C)

Copyright John Duffy



No comments:

The Eulogy Letter