. Poetry from The Great In-Between: Santi Sacorium

Friday, August 18, 2023

Santi Sacorium


Darkness comes like a favourite friend 


In this

The longest of nights


In time

Creeping in like Mesopotamia 


Depriving me of sleep

Underneath its meager skies


As weather chimes

Overcast


Sing and whistle

In rhyme 


O Lord,

Hear my cry


On your

Most High


Open up my soul contract

And declare by your decree


My freedom


Freedom to find my Lucinda

The girl who once gave me her number 


Only to lose me

By the strike of your thunder


Hear me

O Mighty Lord


Cut the cord 

Cut the cord


So I can leave this place 

Of smoke and ash


So I can just run..... 

To find her


But in whispers 

I see viewers


Viewers like you

So here's to you


Vos.


Viri et feminae habent splendorem verborum et cogitationum striatorum.


Oro apud te ut maneas.


IN MEMORIAM.


Vos.


Habent splendorem verborum et cogitationum striata.


Tu solus.


laudare possum.


Vos.


Scrutatores Involucri Creatoris 

tempus abusores impellit.


Liberi ac numquam emit.


(English translation.)

You. 


The men and women that have brilliance of words and fluted thoughts. 


I pray with you to stay. 

In Memories. 


You. 


That have brilliance of words and fluted thoughts. 


Only you. 

I can praise. 


You. 


The searchers

Creator's

Time abusers. 


Be free and never 

Bought. 


(C)

Copyright John Duffy


Image shared under fair usage policy via Pinterest.

No comments:

The Calling