. Poetry from The Great In-Between: The Maelstrom

Thursday, August 17, 2023

The Maelstrom


 (A lone voice whispers.)


In the deepest of silence

I walk into my own created Maelstrom


As memories of you

Return 


With a slight shiver 

Down my spine


The air fills with that

So familiar pulsating scent


I feel your presence 

And visually embrace 


All those lingering thoughts and images 


Of everywhere

We once went


When I look in the mirror

I see dark eyes looking back

Which carries your sweet smile


One heaven sent 


But when those loving sensations fade


And life winds

Once more blows

My way


Just know


My crow-haired twin

In my Eternal White Room


I carry you 

Deep inside

Wherever I go


For your husky voice

Always 


Rides and rules

My internal highways 


Like a reborn Gail 

In a New Sin City


A place I call

Forgiveness


When Doubt calls

And I feel guilty


(C)

Copyright John Duffy


Image shared under fair usage policy via Pinterest. 



No comments:

The Calling