. Poetry from The Great In-Between: The Midnight Gardens of Magadorne

Friday, August 25, 2023

The Midnight Gardens of Magadorne

 


(A lone voice whispers.)


In The Midnight Garden

When the world sleeps


In Magadorne


I see you

Walking 


Dressed in expensive white lace

With such grace


Surrounded by celestial white butterflies


Serenaded by the sound 

Of a lone mesmerising horn


In an endless garden 

Of twinkling flowers


Reborn


As my soul pines

For the smell of your so-familiar perfume 


A glimpse of our wedding ring


Your hair

Across your beautiful face 


Willing you to look

My way


So I can taste your lips 

As I run my hard fingertips 

Across your soft hips


But you never look

Never see me 


As you and your heavenly entourage


Follow the twinkling flowers


Down to the river

Then to disappear 


Out of sight


This happens to me

Every night


In surreal dreams

When the world sleeps


As I find myself

Stranded


Like a new

Robinson Crusoe


In The Midnight Gardens

Of Magadorne


Where grief lives

In human form


And Mr. Desire

Stands and proudly blows


It's diamond-studded

Horn


To summon 

The celestial butterflies


So watching spirits

In the Ether


Beyond time and space

Can gather


With popcorn

To watch me


Walk my walk


My walk of painful

Memories


In their special inter-dimensional place 


Watching ghosts of the past

Pass by


With no expressions

Or emotional energy 


For they are the only fragments of my past

I treasure


A beloved memory of you 

I remember 

Whenever I wake


I had the pleasure 

To share 



Only but 

Yesterday


In The Midnight Gardens 

Of Magadorne


Where every night

You are reborn




(C)

Copyright John Duffy


Image shared under fair usage policy via Pinterest. 

No comments:

The Eulogy Letter